Monday, January 18, 2016

My piece in Auntie Bellum

As I continue to reflect on 2015, a highlight that persists is having my piece, Lessons From a Seven-Year-Old published in Auntie Bellum, a southern feminist online magazine.

I absolutely love this illustration for the piece done by Jaime Chason. It was an honor to have my writing put up in such a sweet publication. Auntie Bellum is "an honest, unapologetic voice for southern women." Their content interweaves personal stories, intersectionality, and current events. They are based in South Carolina (a place so dear to my heart) and I really enjoy reading their offerings and encourage folks to check them out.

As 2016 continues to take shape, and I examine my direction and make decisions about the focus of my creative energy, I hope to continue to participate in this honest, unapologetic conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment