Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Camera this Holiday Season?

Credit: Theron Humphries @thiswildidea

Consider donating your old one to a great cause


I want to share with all of you a project that I'm working on. (more information about the capacity I'm working on it to come...) I'm collecting used cameras for use by students in a school to document their school garden. College MLK is a co-ed, private school with a focus on excellence in Ziniaré, Burkina Faso, West Africa. 


Through a new program, College MLK is installing a 25 acre sustainable farm to provide great food and educational opportunities. We think a photography program is a great way for students to connect to and capture the garden and their emerging relationships to it.




So if you (like me) are thinking of upgrading to a dSLR from your point and shoot, consider donating your old point and shoot to this great cause.  If you're not in Virginia, shoot me an email k.e.hopkins88@gmail.com and we'll coordinate the best way to get it here. Be sure an include your charger or any accessories you might have...extra points for user's guides or instructions.
We'll thank you by selecting a favorite shot and posting it to you in the mail, so be sure and provide me with your address. 

Y'all, stay tuned for more information about this super rad project. I'm excited to be involved with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment